The Gorilla Glue strain, often referred to as GG4, has a genetic lineage that can be traced back to a few distinct parent strains, each contributing unique characteristics to this legendary cultivar. Let’s delve into the genetic origins of Gorilla Glue:
1. Chem Sis: The genetic journey begins with Chem Sis, a powerful and potent Sativa-dominant strain known for its high THC content. Chem Sis contributes to gorilla glue strain remarkable potency and psychoactive effects. It’s also one of the sources of the strain’s distinct aroma and flavor.
2. Sour Dubb: Sour Dubb, an Indica-dominant strain with a reputation for its pungent and diesel-like aroma, was another parent used in the creation of Gorilla Glue. This strain contributes to the complex and multifaceted terpene profile that defines Gorilla Glue’s aroma and flavor.
3. Chocolate Diesel: Chocolate Diesel, as the name suggests, is known for its sweet and cocoa-like aroma and flavor. This Sativa-dominant strain brings a unique set of terpenes and flavors to the Gorilla Glue genetic mix. It adds depth and complexity to the strain’s overall sensory profile.
4. Accidental Hybridization: The creation of Gorilla Glue was somewhat accidental. It resulted from an unplanned cross-pollination between Chem Sis and Sour Dubb. This fortunate accident led to the development of justcannabis, which exhibited the best qualities of both parent strains, including high potency and a diverse terpene profile.
5. Multiple Phenotypes: Within the Gorilla Glue strain, there are multiple phenotypes, each with slight variations in aroma, flavor, and effects. These variations are a result of the genetic diversity within the strain, and they have contributed to the popularity and intrigue surrounding Gorilla Glue.
6. The Cloning Legacy: As Gorilla Glue gained recognition and acclaim, it was propagated through clones to maintain its unique genetics. Cloning allowed growers to replicate the strain’s exceptional traits, ensuring consistency and preserving its lineage.
7. Legacy and Influence: Gorilla Glue’s genetic lineage has had a profound influence on the world of cannabis breeding. It has served as a genetic foundation for many award-winning strains and hybrids, further solidifying its place in cannabis history.
In conclusion, the Gorilla Glue strain’s genetic lineage is a fascinating tale of accidental hybridization and the convergence of three distinct parent strains: Chem Sis, Sour Dubb, and Chocolate Diesel. These genetic contributors have given rise to a legendary cultivar known for its potency, complex terpene profile, and diverse phenotypes. Gorilla Glue’s enduring legacy continues to influence the world of cannabis cultivation and remains a beloved choice among cannabis enthusiasts.