Getting kids to eat their meals with enthusiasm can be a challenge, but Whole Frozen Chicken can be a parent’s secret weapon in the kitchen. It’s versatile, convenient, and can be used to create dishes that will have your kids asking for seconds. Here are some kid-approved frozen chicken dishes that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters:
1. Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauces
- Frozen chicken nuggets
- Honey mustard
- Barbecue sauce
- Bake the frozen chicken nuggets according to the package instructions until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the nuggets with a variety of dipping sauces like ketchup, honey mustard, and barbecue sauce. Kids love to dip!
2. Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Frozen grilled chicken strips
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Thaw the frozen chicken strips in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese on one half.
- Top with the thawed chicken strips, salsa, and additional cheese if desired.
- Fold the tortilla in half to create a quesadilla.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the quesadilla until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.
3. Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Rice
- Frozen chicken strips
- Assorted vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snap peas)
- Stir-fry sauce
- Cooked rice
- Heat a skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add a bit of oil and stir-fry the frozen chicken strips until they start to brown.
- Add in your favorite vegetables and continue to stir-fry until they’re tender.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and cook until everything is heated through and coated.
- Serve over cooked rice for a complete and satisfying meal.
4. Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- Frozen chicken chunks
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Alfredo sauce
- Cooked pasta (penne or fettuccine)
- Combine the frozen chicken chunks, frozen broccoli florets, and Alfredo sauce in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chicken and broccoli are heated through.
- Serve the creamy chicken and broccoli mixture over cooked pasta for a kid-friendly twist on Alfredo.
5. Mini Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pockets
- Frozen chicken tenders
- Mini flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Salsa or guacamole for dipping
- Thaw the frozen chicken tenders in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Place a chicken tender and a sprinkle of shredded cheese in the center of each mini tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half to create a pocket and press the edges to seal.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the quesadilla pockets until they are crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping.
These kid-approved frozen chicken dishes are not only delicious but also quick and easy to prepare, making them perfect for busy weeknight dinners when you want to ensure that your children enjoy their meals.